About the book
- Autobiographybiography of first CM of Maharashtra Yashwantrao Chavan Quote :
- "In the past forty years, including the ones of the Assembly, I have fought ten elections.
- I have won all of them.
- At times with a huge margin, at times, with a narrow one, sometimes amidst intense competition and at times unopposed.
- Every election was a different experience, every time the political criteria were different, every time the political parties in opposition were different.
- But there was no other election like the one in 1946, which was based on total consensus.
- With the exception of this one and the Parliament Election of Nasik, all of them were stormy.
- The rivals, at times, went all out to attack me and plumbed new depths of indecency and bitterness.
- I was my own chief campaigner in all those elections.
- I realized that my biggest strength was a friendly, cultured, principled and candid dialogue with the voters.
- I remained undefeated in the entire storm with the blessings of the people and the support of my friends.
- What more can one desire in the Other of a democracy?"